We formed IHA in 1994 with only a few independent private-practice groups from Washtenaw County, then over the years added physicians by choosing doctors that our own doctors used for their care and that of their families. Over a decade later, we continue to place great emphasis on selecting only premier physicians and practitioners to ensure that you get the best possible care. Today, IHA is one of the best not-for-profit multi-specialty groups in Southeast Michigan.
Here are a few facts about IHA to help you understand our impact on the communities we serve in Washtenaw, Livingston, Lenawee, and western Wayne Counties:
- Office Locations: Nearly 60
- Active Patients: Nearly 410,000 patients
- Babies Delivered: 2,993 last year (2015)
- Physicians: 408
- Nurse Practitioners/PA-C's: 107
- Board Certified/Eligible Physicians: 100%
- Hospital Affiliations: St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea, St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, The University of Michigan
- Total Support Staff: Over 1,600+
What sets us apart
- We’re not the only healthcare provider in the area – but we may just be the most qualified for some very specific reasons.
- IHA has a long-standing reputation for making the doctor-patient experience as simple, smooth and hassle-free as possible.
- IHA works with community partners like St. Joseph Mercy Health System and the UMHS, giving us a deeper understanding of managed care, while allowing us to act as advocates for patients in finding the best possible care.
- IHA accepts more insurance plans than most other providers.
- We encourage and welcome your input and feedback – this website is just one example of how we make it easy to interact with our doctors and nurses.