What is a General Surgeon?
A general surgeon is a physician who has completed five to seven years of specialized training in surgery. At IHA, our general surgeons are trained to diagnose your problem and recommend the most appropriate treatment in coordination with a patient’s primary care physician. This may or may not include a recommendation of surgery.
IHA offers a comprehensive array of surgical services including:
- Abdominal surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Evaluation of breast abnormalities
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery
- Thyroid surgery
IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT:
In most cases your first appointment will be a consultation with a physician. This consultation requires a careful review of your medical history to ensure that you get the best medical care possible. Because this is so important, we try to have all of your pertinent medical records and X-rays available for the doctor to review.
Please bring the following:
- A list of all of your current medications (or actual bottles)
- Any necessary letters, reports or X-rays
- A list of questions you might have
*It is also a good idea to call the office in advance to make sure that your medical records and tests sent from other doctors have arrived.