Livonia Medical Center + I-275 Construction
As part of a four-year-long resurfacing and reconstruction project on I-275 from Will Carleton Road to 6 Mile Road, motorists will experience traffic delays on different sections of the road as each stage of construction is completed. This work on I-275 will impact the roads around the IHA & St. Joe’s Livonia Medical Center.
- Northbound I-275 will only have 2 lanes operating through late fall between I-94 and M-14.
- Northbound/Southbound I-275 will have one lane open from Huron River Road to I-94 through late fall.
- 6 Mile Road will be closed over I-275 for bridge improvements through early October with traffic detoured.
- I-275/6 Mile Road detours:
- Northbound I-275 traffic heading for westbound 6 Mile Road will use northbound I-275 to westbound 7 Mile Road, then southbound I-275 to westbound 6 Mile Road.
- Southbound I-275 traffic heading for eastbound 6 Mile Road will use southbound I-275 to eastbound Ann Arbor Road, then northbound I-275 to eastbound 6 Mile Road.
- Eastbound 6 Mile Road will be detoured to northbound Haggerty Road, then eastbound 7 Mile Road to southbound Newburgh Road back to eastbound 6 Mile Road.
- Westbound 6 Mile Road will be detoured to northbound Newburgh Road, then westbound 7 Mile Road to southbound Haggerty Road back to westbound 6 Mile Road.
These simultaneous fixes will cause major bottlenecks on local side streets, in addition to the congestion on the freeway around our campus. For more up-to-date announcements, visit https://revive275.org/ and https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDOT/bulletins/2ea7024
Please allow additional travel time to and from your appointments given the added congestion expected on nearby surface roads.